PIMN voor beter identity management
The Infonomics and New Media Research Centre at Zuyd University has a vacancy for a Senior researcher / lecturer Identity Management and Privacy Engineering (2 yrs, full time ) (vacancy nr INM-SR-0805)
Closing Date for applications: 9 April 2012
The successful applicant will:
- Contribute to the ERC-Starting Grant (FP7) funded DiglDeas project "Social and Ethical Aspects
of Digital Identities. Towards an Value Sensitive Identity Management"
- Engage in research on current developments and trends regarding Identity Management,
Security and Data Protection, with a particular focus on System Architecture and Network
- Contribute to innovation of relevant bachelor and master programmes of the ICT Faculty
- Contribute to development and implementation of the INM research agenda
- Engage in research dissemination, both to academic and professional (ICT) audiences
- Contribute to development of research proposals for external funding of future research
- A (nearly) completed PhD in a relevant field (e.g. identity management systems, system and / or
network engineering ) or a Masters degree with a few additional years of working/research
- Research and publishing experience in all or some the following areas: Privacy by Design, Privacy
Protective IDM, System and Network Engineering
- Preferably teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of / affinity with current developments regarding Fair Information
Principles, Human Rights/Digital Rights, Privacy by Design, Value Sensitive Design, Privacy
- Demonstrable ability for interdisciplinary dialogue and interest in non-technical academic
approaches to questions of ICTs and Society
- Fluency in both written and spoken academic English, proficiency in Dutch is not required but
- Ability to bridge divides between humanities or social science and technical engineering
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
We are looking for someone who shares our ambition to develop and conduct internationally
competitive research in the area concerned, and our ideals to have the results of this feed into
the innovation of the eductional programmes of future IT professionals.
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- Application letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position
- One recommendation letter from a relevant researcher with knowledge of the applicant's
abilities and competencies
- Writing sample in a pdf format
- Full time, two-year position (6 months trial period).
- Salary (gross) between min. € 3177,- max. € 4365,- , depending on experience and education, in
accordance with CAO-HBO - 11.
Applications: Have to be received by April 9th 2012.
Please send applications in electronic form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Printed applications should be sent to: Ms. Sandra Bosch
INM - Zuyd University
6217 HB Maastricht
Information available at :
Dr. Irma van der Ploeg
tel +31 +43 3466250
The Infonomics and New Media Research Centre is a small interdisciplinary research unit within the
Faculty of ICT at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, Maastricht/Heerlen, currently employing 10 people.
Its research is focussed on social and ethical aspects of digitisation, digital identities, security, and value
sensitive design; its mission to contribute to public and academic debate, as well as to the innovation of
educational programmes for IT professionals to incorporate principles of responsible innovation. With
our current project portfolio we operate in national, European (FP7), and international networks of
knowledge institutions and stakeholders.